Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Friday, February 8, 2013

Thirteen Years and Counting......(Part-22)

The day ended with not so many speculations but as Sun dropped in western sky rumours and news both came hand in hand. Some Indian TV chanells were broadcasting that  thousnads of 'Karsewaks' are enetring in the twin town of Ayodhya and Faizabad from near by villgaes.Some extended one more step and claimed that VHP may start the foundation stone ceremony tommorrow and top BJP leaders may join.

As a sharp photo jouranlsit Ami asked me to remain in touch with Indian lobby of journalists and insisted not go to my village that night. Both the good hotels 'Shan-E-Awadh' and 'Krishna' were occupied by National and International media teams and we were unable to find a room for me.

We both were puzzeled and kept sitting in the cafetaria of hotel till late night,while chalking out plan for next day. Ami was joined by one of her Spanish photographer friend  Ima Garmendia who came from Madrid to cover the event. She joined Ami's room in the hotel.

And the problem of  valid Press ID card was still there. Late in night I contacted a freelance photographer and asked him if he could give me an ID card. He agreed but asked me to pay 500 Rs.And in next two hours I was having a press ID of a two page tabloid.However Ami was not satisfied with this.

Me, Ami and Ima had our dinner together and I then asked Ami to go to sleep. There was no place in hotel for me and somehow I realized it was not needed as most of TV journalists of Indian TV were awake on this information that thousands of Karsewaks were trying to beam in to town.

While I was sitting on reception around 01:00 AM,I saw Ami's driver coming to me.Some one had told him about the problem.Perhaps Ami.....

He requested me to occupy his bed in dormetary of hotel and then went to sleep in the parked car outside hotel. I was so tired that could not deny his humble request and soon fell asleep.

Around 02:30 I awake again and was feeling the need to see Ami,as I was in constant fear of  her not been in good state of mind. I knocked at the door.Ima opened the door and allowed me to see Ami.I returned back asking her to close the door and then again fell asleep.

I woke around 10:30 ,only to find that all of them had left to cover the event.Ami and Ima and all print and TV Journalists.There was no one in hotel. I was astonished why Ami did not call me only to find later that she was more worried about my safety.Her driver told me.

I came down in cafeteria and found that local Bureau Chief of Dainik Jagran had also not left as he was filing a breaking news to his HQ. I told him about my problem and he then accompnied me to the the place where 'Ram Shila Pujan' was scheduled.

In midway he told me that state government has not allowed  Ram Chandra Paramhans and other hardliners to cross the intersection which proceeded towards disputed site. Rather it was orderd to perform  Ram Shila Pujan at the residence of Ram Chandra Paramhans at Digambar Akhara.

I have already narrated the tight security in and around town . It was doubled up on the day. Me and Ramakant Awasthi(Local Bureau Chief of Dainik Jagran) headed to workshop place from where the carvan was supposed to proceed to Digamabar Akhara to perform Ram Shila Pujan.

To be continued.............The Sky News team and farewell to Ami.

No comments:

Post a Comment