Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Thirteen Years and Counting............(Part 4)

Initial two months I spent with a military family in Delhi Cantt. It has been nice seeing India's defence force and its amazing people walking all around.But my hunt for an independent shelter contineoud. While on way to South Campus from Delhi Cantt,one day, a person told me about localities in Palam and Mahipal pur. So after the classes I searched out about this place near IGI airport on NH-8.The place, a 'Jat' village metamorphosising in to a rich village with a five star hotel' Radison' in its surrounding and IGI airport at a two kms distance is unique in many sense.

I landed up in one house asking for a room on cheaper rate. The fat lady asked for 1000 Rs/month and finally I negotiated on 750 Rs/month. The most attractive thing was tiny dhabas just out side village(let's not call it village as it had above features in its surroundings) and awasome people of it. First time I a saw the Jat culture and inItially liked it. I firmly believe that this community can never be changed,whatsoever effort one put. They are born to dominate.

The room was shared by one of my fellow classmate who later escaped as he got another cheaper room.

This is the place which changed my perception towards life and really cultivated a never to be liked attitude in me. How ever I regained my 'sophisticated behaviour' , which is my defeating point till date.

I still miss Mahipal pur and its people a lot .

Manoj Dubey was the man who phoned me first about my selection in DU course and he was the first man to make me feel about the student lobby stucked in DU.A man in his early thirtees and a civil services aspirant, he joined the course to leave an option in case he did not get select in IAS.However he never succeded in his goal and I don'nt know where he is and how far he has travelled in media.

Brajesh Mishra a young boy from Patna,with a humerous personality and a relaxed approach towards media was the second person who caught my attraction. He was my fellow in my journey in media and even interned with me in ZEE news. He is a tall man always liked by girls made me laugh,when ever I find myself hard to make it in media.I never saw such an energetice fellow who achieved success at early stage.He is now serving as Bureau Chief of Patna bureau of Zee News.

Now is the story of Manish Kumar Jha, a man who never gave up,what so ever kind of difficulties he faced. He was putting up in Munirka village and his tiny room ,almost half part of it ,was occupied by tons of books, all paperback and published by Raj Kamal. Name a hindi book and it was there in his room.

And there was 'Vikram Sharma' a man from the lot of goal less creatures in south campus who roamed around without even bothering of having enrolled in any course. A staunch RSS supporter,and he is till date, I saw him arguing with each and every corner of south campus,on any issue which involved even a rotten part of RSS. I admire his cynicism.

And then there was a lobby,an intact,never to be defeated,civil services aspirants which was very regular to south campus just for the sake of library. The head of this lobby was Suresh Vashistha, a bald man,alwyas looked like in his late thirtees and never like a civil services aspirant.He later made in top 20 list of IAS,who took the way of LBS in Mussorie.

Sarvada Nand, how I can forget, a man alwayes trying to impress you without any reason and always intorducing himself with a soft voice(however he never succeded in it). Sarvada was in a cold war era with Suresh Vashishtha but as I said never succeded as Suresh had a long fan followeres in south campus.

Amidst all this,there was me, a rather young boy who ,however,in what so ever way was busy making dozen of calls to media persons,editors and correspondents to meet him in order to get a foothold in media .

The cynicism of making phone calls , sooner, was going to give him results...................................................................(Please note Year was early 1998)

To be contineoud.....................(next my meeting with media people and Murthy's canteen in South Campus)

No comments:

Post a Comment