Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thirteen Years and Counting........(Part -11)

Our Bureau Chief at Zee News was Satish K. Singh, a man who always liked field reporting and always pushing young bloods to go in field and experience the nitty-gritty of how the report takes shape in the field. Many believed that he was a confused person,alwyas trying to reslolve the balance between reporting and desk.But till date I believe that he is a man of merrit,deserved a lot but was pushed back by his rivals in Zee News. What so ever I always admired about how he carried me to assist him in some of his briiliant reports he filed during the begining phase of coalition politics in India.

But he has a childish habbit of nail bitting when ever he was tense with his reports. A man from Bihar,he had some team binding capacity with him .What so ever I liked him for the moment he brought for me to have a face-to face meeting of today's magnet of Indian television--Rajdeep Sardesai.

I had finished my night shift and was just planning to go back in my one room accomodation at Mahipalpur,when I saw my bureau chief little tense and indulged in the same old habbit of nail bitting. He asked me whether I want to have his company to interveiw Madhav Rao Scindia at his residence. It was some political crisis on remote north eastern state and the chief minister had directly submitted his resignation to Congress supremo,Sonia Gandhi.

I was feeling asleep,by nodded that I wish to give him a company,not sure what will come out.

Rajdeep Sardesai,then political Editor(It was perhaps November 1998) of NDTV-Star News was already a charishmatic and media mobilizer name,and still he is,serving the indian television for nearlly two deacdes with same passion and energy who has become his USP for his fellows and Indian viewers.

This was the promise,which made me to decide to give company to my bureau chief even after a hectic nine our night shift.

So,we reached at Madhav Rao Scindia's residence. A couple of television journalists were already there waiting for mahadaji to come out. All of sudden a car with NDTV-Star News logo entered in the premise. And the men came out of the car was the famous duo of Rajdeep--Arnab. We holded our breathe as the stage was set.Tea was served to all of us in beautifuly designed cup and plates and we were still waiting for Madhav Rao Scindia to come out.

Rajdeep was all set as he asked for a link from studio. Patting on his note book ,his brain was busy designing some grilling questions while Arnab kept walking alongside his office van.

And then my bureau chief whispered in my ears--Scindia ji. I woke out of my sleep and realized that gun mikes and light were on straight on Madhava Rao Scindia.Links has been restored and the great intervewer of Indian media has just thrown a chilling question on Mahadaji......................

Later I spoke to Rajdeep and he asked me to meet him in his office. Right from that point I have met him at sevearl occassions--officially and personally both.It has been thirteen good years and the newshound has sharpen the skill of grilling the interviewees,but has grown more humble and patient listener since then............as I am told by my friends.

He has brought first international collaboration in television news ,has set up a team of passionate reporters and producers and has changed the destiny of television news...................but for me he is still the same person to whom I saw at Madhav Rao Scindia's residence and who always picks my phome without putting me on wait..........................

(Above is writer's personal opinion and not necessarily reflects the opinion of indian television)

To be continued--------------------------------------Campaign Trail---The Election Analysis of 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment