Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thirteen Years and Counting........(Part -9)

It was a time at Zee News,that everone right from editor-in-chief to interns,all were trying to give their 100 %. Regulars to get promoted and interns to secure a foothold in only Hindi-English news channel run 24 *7. Rakesh Khar our editor-in -chief was a humble man with a sharp nose on whom to pick for what.He nourished many new faces of that time who are now big shot of Indian TV Industry. Many of them were just waiting for his head to be nodded for one o.k.

And yes in between there was me,an intern who has come all the way from a small religiously warm and disputed town with a shadow of Babri Demolition and its consequences. I through my newsy days never been able to forget the faces of several Hindu and Muslim families who lost their lives in the Battle of Babri. This was the one issue who pushed me to choose my career in news over a rather more comfortable science.God knows I never liked discussing this issue and some time even was reluctant to tell the people at Zee News that I was from Ayodhya. People wanted to know more curiously about all what happened in past.

So,my routine satarted at 03:00 PM each day with coming to office and taking some footage of repoters or from news wire and then to log it on preview maschine. This was the place where I noticed that some time I had a company of a beautiful girl sitting on next preview maschine. It was an interesting job to roll the maschine backward and forward to see all the footage and then to note down the counters on it.

My job was to return the tape with counters to shift incharge and it was on his mercy to select whom he wants to give the tape to write script. I always died to wriite script and doing voice over.There was one shift incharge who knew my leaning but always pushed me back on preview maschine to do more logging,which I hated.I wanted to write script and do the voice overs.

And Shiv Joshi knew this. I was always a pleased person,if Shiv were the shift incharge on any day.That day I use to write at least four scripts and record two voice overs.

Almost a month later I realized that the beautiful bobed girl sitting on next preview maschine was actually an intern and was in her course in DCAC.

So my hunt for more scripts and more voice overs was finally realized by our editor-in-chief and he put me in night shift on permanent basis so I may get the chance.

Night shift was more fun and less work for all of us and while in night shift the day came which changed my inner being for ever............

To be continued........................( A Voice on Walky -Talky)

No comments:

Post a Comment